Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Useful last.fm tools

Last.fm is doing right what Facebook did right -- letting developers use its data to make new applications as they see fit.

I've blogged, ad nauseam, my last.fm Podcast Finder and last.fm Windows Media Player playlist makers (by most-played artists, calendar, and tag).

In the last few days, I've come across a couple cool last.fm tools made by other folks (each causing me brief bouts of crushing envy and despair). One tool improves the mp3 recommendation process, allowing you to subscribe to last.fm mp3 recommendations like they were a blog. And now there's lasttube, which finds videos from artists you play most on last.fm.

These new tools have me curious what other useful gems are hidden in the graphs-and-pretty-pictures mess at build.last.fm.

I'll let you know what I find.

No comments: