Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Bumbershoot summary

Every performer I saw at Bumbershoot this year put on a live show to rival their recorded work. In the alternate Bumbershoot reality I dwelt in with no Memorial Stadium or Fisher Green (no Fergie or Sean Paul or screaming teenage girls who go with them), the organizers knew what the hell they were doing and gave me way more than my money's worth. Everything I saw was really quality, even the two bands (Mocean Worker and The Damnwells) that I went to while I was trying to get over the worst headache I've ever had in my life (allergies).

Here's what I saw, in particular order, but again, everyone I saw was talented. Some were just more resonant with me than others:
Art Brut
Tokyo Police Club
The Frames
Ted Leo & The Pharmacists
Viva Voce
Stars of Track and Field
Andrew Bird
Devendra Banhart
Mocean Worker
The Watson Twins
Iceage Cobra
The Fucking Eagles
The Damnwells

No comments: